At Omokoroa Thermal Holiday Park we have a real heart for the Bay of Plenty, the people and the environment. As Kiwis we feel we have a responsibility to operate our business in an approach that protects our environment and our people.
As a team we pride ourselves in operating our business in an environmentally friendly manner and operating in a community minded way. Some of the ways we are doing this are;
- We acknowledge and value the cultural significance of Omokoroa early Máori and Pakeha history. We value the historical sites and stories by informing guests through our compendium, local information from the Omokoroa Historical Group as well as produced our own walkway and cycle track map to educate and inform our guests.
- Where ever possible we use natural products when cleaning and gardening.
- We reduce the amount of waste going into landfill by recycling and reusing.
- Our gardens mostly include drought and disease resistant plants. You’ll notice throughout the park energy efficient lighting and water conservation measures.
- We are outwardly focused in supporting local initiatives, schools, businesses and community groups. Where ever possible we buy locally made and contract local tourism and other services providers.
As a guest at our Park we hope that you will help us to protect our little peninsula paradise, and thus our beautiful nation through some simple actions such as, ensuring that you switch off your lights when not in use, recycling in the bins provided and minimising the amount of water that you use in the park.